Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Card has over 12 million users in the United States, with card holders earning more than $1 billion in Daily Cash rewards in 2023, Apple said today.

apple-card-feature2.jpg

Daily Cash is earned with every purchase on the Apple Card. Apple provides 3% cash back for Apple purchases and items bought from select partners like T-Mobile, Ace Hardware, Panera Bread, Walgreens, and Uber. All Apple Pay purchases with Apple Card earn 2% cash back, and all other purchases earn 1% cash back.

Apple delivers Daily Cash rewards every day, and Apple Card holders can choose to have it added to the Apple Cash card or they can or opt in to having their cash deposited in the Apple Savings Account that launched last year.

Apple says that the "vast majority" of Apple Card users have opted in to having their Daily Cash auto-deposited into Savings, and nearly two-thirds of users deposit additional funds from a linked bank account. The Apple Card offers an APY of 4.50 percent at the current time, which is on par with the high-yield savings accounts from many competing financial institutions.

Almost 30 percent of Apple Card customers make two or more payments per month, and more than a million Apple Card users share their Apple Card with their Family Sharing Group. Close to 600,000 users have added spouses, partners, or another trusted adult to their Apple Card. For those with low credit scores who are not initially approved for an Apple Card, Apple has a "Path to Apple Card Program." According to Apple, 200,000 users have been approved for an Apple Card after enrolling and following the program's personal steps.

It has been almost five years since the Apple Card launched in 2019, and Apple Pay VP Jennifer Bailey said that new tools and features will be coming to Apple Card holders "in the year ahead and beyond."
"We designed Apple Card with users' financial health in mind, and it's rewarding to see our more than 12 million customers using its features to make healthier financial decisions," said Jennifer Bailey, Apple's vice president of Apple Pay and Apple Wallet. "We're proud of what we've been able to deliver to Apple Card customers in just five years. As we look at the year ahead and beyond, we're excited to continue to innovate and invest in Apple Card's award-winning experience, and provide users with more tools and features that help them lead healthier financial lives."
Though Apple Card is approaching its five-year launch anniversary, Apple has not managed to expand it to countries beyond the United States.

Apple's relationship with Apple Card provider Goldman Sachs has also soured, and reports suggest that Apple and Goldman Sachs plan to end their partnership in the next 12 to 15 months. Goldman Sachs is planning to cut back on its consumer business, and the partnership with Apple will be entirely dissolved.

Apple will need to find another partner for the Apple Card, but has said that it is focused on providing the best experience for customers. Interruptions to the Apple Card service are not expected, and there's as of yet no word on the financial institution that Apple might partner with to replace Goldman Sachs. The failure of the agreement between Goldman Sachs and the upcoming shift are likely to delay any behind-the-scenes plans that Apple has had to expand the Apple Card beyond the United States.

Article Link: Apple Card Users Earned More Than $1 Billion in Daily Cash Last Year

Last edited:

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
I've really been impressed with how automated it all is. When set to deposit into Apple Savings. It's a dead simple never think about it way to save a little. Of course, setting aside funds from each payday to further contribute isn't much harder. Hopefully anyone who can, does.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
The cash back rewards are a net loss for the cardholder unless he is paying the balance off in full at the end of every month. What percentage of Apple Card cardholders do thot, especially those in the United States?

Reactions: DariusIII

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Love my Apple Card. But I’m getting a Wells Fargo Active Cash card because they also have 2% cash back, plus $600 cell phone damage protection. I’ll use the Apple Card at places that have 3% cash back.

• Wow
Reactions: bayportbob

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
The cash back rewards are a net loss for the cardholder unless he is paying the balance off in full at the end of every month. What percentage of Apple Card cardholders do thot, especially those in the United States?

How are people finding a negative spin to cash back even? Good grief. Pay with cash then and get 0% back. As long as you don't carry a balance and therefore pay interest, it makes no sense not to use a rewards credit card and get some back.

Right. How much interest as Goldman Sachs made and what cut of that does Apple get?

Reactions: rbgaynor

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
Love my Apple Card. But I’m getting a Wells Fargo Active Cash card because they also have 2% cash back, plus $600 cell phone damage protection. I’ll use the Apple Card at places that have 3% cash back.

That's been my primary card for a couple years, 2% across the board, Apple Pay or not.. I got a little over $2000 back last year.

I've been quite happy with it, other than the foreign transaction fee, but I have other cards for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.