Apple Card Users Will Receive 3% Daily Cash at Walgreens and Duane Reade Pharmacies Starting Tomorrow

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:54 AM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Walgreens today announced that, starting Friday, customers will receive 3% Daily Cash when they use the Apple Card with Apple Pay for all eligible health, beauty, personal care, household, and seasonal products they purchase at Walgreens or Duane Reade pharmacy locations, including medicines and prescriptions.

[​IMG]

As noted by TechCrunch, the 3% Daily Cash also applies to purchases made in the Walgreens app and on Walgreens.com.

Last month, Apple announced that it would extend 3% Daily Cash to more merchants, and the list now includes Uber and Uber Eats, Walgreens, Duane Reade, and purchases made directly with Apple, including at Apple Stores, Apple.com, the App Store, iTunes, and for subscriptions like Apple Music and iCloud storage.

All other purchases made with the Apple Card via Apple Pay will continue to receive 2% Daily Cash, while purchases made with the physical, titanium Apple Card qualify for 1% Daily Cash anywhere but Apple Stores.

To apply for an Apple Card, simply open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, your digital Apple Card will be ready for purchases immediately.

Daily Cash is unlimited and paid out daily to your Apple Cash account. For more details, make sure to check out our Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Card Users Will Receive 3% Daily Cash at Walgreens and Duane Reade Pharmacies Starting Tomorrow

2. moabal macrumors regular

More stuff like this will make the Apple Card valuable. Obviously the current rewards rates suck. However, if Apple can do more stuff like this it will be great!

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

4. MoreRumors? macrumors 6502a

Walgreens prices are a little higher than other competitors and I am sure this is good news for those who are regular customers and already or will get the Apple card.

5. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

As someone who seems to shop at Walgreens quite often, this is exciting news. If PetSmart makes it on this list of retailers I’ll be stoked.

6. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

7. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

Nice, seems like this is expanding. Excited for all the haters to come in and crap all over this and tell us all the reasons their card is better.

8. Blackstick macrumors 6502a

Blackstick

I like the physical titanium card a lot, but I only use Apple Card when a merchant takes ApplePay since it’s at least 2%.

9. bchery21 macrumors 6502a

bchery21

I frequent Walgreens as it's not too far from where I live. This is good for me!

10. Kmart9419 macrumors 6502

Exactly why walgreens did it. 90% of people lives close to a pharmacy. If CVS is added, that would cover almost everybody nationwide.

11. danniexi macrumors 6502

12. Corsig macrumors regular

Keep growing that list. It will be a welcomed perk to grow the cash back. I love using Apple Pay. Get a little annoyed now when I automatically put my phone to the credit card reader to find out they don’t accept it.

13. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

As someone already stated, the rewards on this card aren’t that exciting. However, if Apple’s plan is to get more and more retailers to jump on the 3% Apple Pay bandwagon, this card could slowly become one of the best credit cards in the game.

14. chachawpi macrumors member

Almost as good as the 5% Pharmacy reward on American Express Blue Cash!

15. redneckitengineer macrumors 6502

redneckitengineer

If only the prices at Walgreens weren’t jacked up to begin with. Your basically getting your “pharmacy tax” back.

16. mrow macrumors 6502

As New Yorkers we end up in Duane Reade all the time. Our go to credit card is 2.05% back, and therefore it slightly edged out the Apple Card, but Walgreens/Duane Reade alone will be worth getting this for.

I’m guessing the answer is no since the charge comes from Citizens Bank, but do iUP charges count towards the 3% cash back with Apple? Between my wife and I we have over $116 a month in iUP charges. That would be about $42 a year we’d get back just from that. Not a ton, but a few rounds of drinks out one night.

17. DoctorTech macrumors 6502

DoctorTech

Same here. I normally don't even carry the physical card but I have it just in case. I bought my new 13" MBP directly from Apple.com using the Apple card and I find myself using Apple Pay more frequently now at most checkout counters.

18. tridley68 macrumors 6502a

tridley68

19. Nullified macrumors newbie

Yes, iup is 3%

20. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I really wouldn't be surprised to see that, at least for a limited time.

The nicest card in my wallet that I don't use haha.

21. Ant2369 macrumors regular

Ant2369

This is pretty cool I hope to see them continue to roll out merchants like this

22. gsmornot macrumors 68040

gsmornot

Outside of my house and car, Kroger takes the most money. They don't even accept Apple Pay because like Wal-Mart they want to have their own app. I have been working lately to get out of Kroger and shop other places. I have blindly gone there for everything because its close. If they offer to get on this 3% I might be inclined to stay longer but otherwise I am looking for other options to buy the things we need here.

23. imola.zhp macrumors 6502a

imola.zhp

Oh nice! I'll actually start using apple pay!

24. Baymowe335 macrumors 601

2% on all Apple Pay transactions does not “suck” at all. It’s among the leaders in the industry. Apple Pay is taken a lot of places, so you can earn a lot of 2%.

Apple Card has no fees, another huge advantage. The Citi Double Cash card earns 2% (assuming you pay your bill in full) but has foreign transaction fees. Most other cards don’t pay 2% on as many things as stores where Apple Pay is accepted.

Add in the reporting, security and convenience of Apple Card and you start to understand it’s a compelling offer. The biggest negative for Apple Card at the moment is no sign up bonus.

25. SoundJudgment macrumors regular

SoundJudgment

Cashier: "Woooahhh... this is the first time I have seen this card! Never held one before."

Priceless.