Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bthompson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Hi everyone I got a 12 pro and I love it. I purchased the two year apple care
plan upon purchase. When I picked up the phone, I had the apple store out on the belkin screen saver and I bought a clear case on Amazon. This thing is totally protected. I’m wondering if I cancel apple care? I am coming from a XR and never dropped it over two years. These new phones are expensive and costly to repair so I am going back and forth. Any insight?

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
My last phone was the first one I’ve had AC on, and the first one that was dropped on gravel, completely shattering the screen (I don’t like screen protectors and probably wouldn’t have saved it). So AC again, it is!

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Here's the thing. If you have AC+, the GB techs don't typically hassle you over repairs. I have had them repair a phone and not even ding AC+. While it's debatable that it's a defect or self inflicted damage. I have heard about others going both ways. I think AC+ makes the argument go more on the customer's side than Apple's. This is not a corporate decision. This is where the rubber meets the road, where your interaction with staff is the most meaningful.

I have been getting AC+ since iPhone 6Plus. While not all phones have needed to use AC+, it's enough of a gamble, I don't want to take.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.