Apple Care After One year

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mat25, Sep 7, 2008.

1. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

hey I was wondering If its possible to buy and use apple care after youve have ur iMac for over one year, because I read somewhere that you have to buy it withinthe warranty it comes with
    thanks,
    mat

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

AppleCare must be purchased within one year of the computer's purchase. After one year, you're SOL.

3. mat25 thread starter macrumors regular

mat25

4. Tracer macrumors 6502

Sorry, Out of Luck.

You can pick up Applecare on eBay for cheaper too.

5. mr.light macrumors 6502

Sh*t out of luck! You've Never heard that before? Wow.

Much less polite than Sorry. ;)

6. mat25 thread starter macrumors regular

mat25

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you purchased it using a credit card that doubles the warranty, you're covered for another year and you can just file a claim through the CC company. Amex makes this painless, others less so. Check the terms of your CC.

8. bntz313 macrumors 6502

Is there another warranty to get, my friend said something about an apple pro care or something like that could be bought after the years warranty?

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

No sadly- Apple Pro Care is just a program for, in essence, making you a VIP if you bring your system into an Apple retail store for service. It has nothing to do with any actual warranty on your hardware.

You can read the Apple explanation of the benefits of Pro Care at http://www.apple.com/retail/procare/

10. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

As has already been answered in at least a dozen similar threads, you must by AppleCare within the first year after purchase.

11. mat25 thread starter macrumors regular

mat25

yeah my dads visa doubles the warranty, so would be able to buy the apple care within the first two years? thanks for your help :):D

12. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I don't think so, as the extra year's warranty is with your credit card company, not Apple.

Though if you bought it through an educational store I'm sure you get 3 years warranty as opposed to the standard 1 year. In that case, yes you could.

13. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

for education store purchasers, the 3 year warranty is only available through the HE store in the UK, so that would only apply if the OP is in the UK

for people who have bought the Applecare extension with a CC that provides its own warranty extension, the extra year is usually tagged on after the applecare warranty so you end up with a 4th year of coverage

14. mat25 thread starter macrumors regular

mat25