Apple Care and imac Problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kohnj, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Kohnj macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I am a long time follower of the website, I have gotten some great info from you guys, this is my first post. Hope you can help me out.

Currently my 2011 imac has what looks like waterspots behind the screen in the corners as well as a recalled seagate hard drive. Do you think apple would give me a new imac or would they fix my current one. The reason I ask this is I use my imac for business and cannot be without my computer for very long and also with the new imac hopefully coming out in the end of the month I was hoping that I could bring in my current one and get a new model. Let me know your thoughts and your past experiences with my situation.

Thanks,

Justin

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

At best you'd get a (refurbed) "new" 2011 iMac.

Apple upgrading a warranty case to current spec isn't something you hear that often...

Didn't those who won over that ancient iPod battery-issue only get a slighly less ancient iPod in return ??

3. Kohnj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, what would they do if I have the i7 processor and 2GB video card? Im not willing to take a refurb imac that doesn't have the extra add ons I originally paid for.

4. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Guess they will "find" one of those for you :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be suprised if they keep some old models just in case they need to do an exchange under warranty.

Doing it otherwise coupled with Apple generally good return policies would lead to to many recently outdated models having unfortunate "accidents".

5. fozzy.bear macrumors newbie

fozzy.bear

Take it to your apple store

Make a genius bar appointment at your Apple Store and take the machine in. If it is replaced and not repaired, then it would definitely not be a refurb!

Chances are good that they can do an in store repair of your machine. Trust me on this...the store will do what's right for you!

Sometimes you just get bad info from forums :-( :mad:

][/B]QUOTE=Kohnj;15189451]Hello Everyone,

I am a long time follower of the website, I have gotten some great info from you guys, this is my first post. Hope you can help me out.

Currently my 2011 imac has what looks like waterspots behind the screen in the corners as well as a recalled seagate hard drive. Do you think apple would give me a new imac or would they fix my current one. The reason I ask this is I use my imac for business and cannot be without my computer for very long and also with the new imac hopefully coming out in the end of the month I was hoping that I could bring in my current one and get a new model. Let me know your thoughts and your past experiences with my situation.

Thanks,

Justin[/QUOTE]

6. fozzy.bear macrumors newbie

fozzy.bear

Utter nonsense

No way! That's just pure uninformed silly talk!