iPhone 11 Pro Apple Care+ and iPhone 11

tgwaste

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Got AC+ with my new iPhone 11. Verified purchased. Yet general about shows it’s not active.
Anyone else?

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
Yes. I bought an iPhone 11 pro on IUP and it still has the prompt to add AppleCare

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Long Beach
Same here. I think Apples servers are getting slammed to hell and back. Restores are a mess and the phone is just generally bad software-wise. I was about to restore since none of the apps i test flight are working but turns out something is wrong with that too.

Wackery

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2015
my apple watch has a ‘pending’ notice, so I think the iPhone will be the same.

Also, I miss 3D touch already 😞

tothemoonsands

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2018
I love Macrumors...same question, glad to see it's not just me. I think Apple waits until the phone is delivered (so the policy isn't activated until then)...I'm thinking by tomorrow it will be activated and we'll get that Applecare+ receipt to our emails as well.

Wackery

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2015
I love Macrumors...same question, glad to see it's not just me. I think Apple waits until the phone is delivered (so the policy isn't activated until then)...I'm thinking by tomorrow it will be activated and we'll get that Applecare+ receipt to our emails as well.
I just chatted in the apple support app and they say wait 72 hours for it to show, likely because if the millions of registrations happening at the same time

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Mine is still showing the Add AppleCare+ Coverage prompt in Settings and errors out if you try to go through the motions, had hoped after getting the email about it that the prompt would disappear but no dice. Maybe it is somehow tied to them accepting the trade in?

fjfjfjfj

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
New York, NY
Mine is still showing the Add AppleCare+ Coverage prompt in Settings and errors out if you try to go through the motions, had hoped after getting the email about it that the prompt would disappear but no dice. Maybe it is somehow tied to them accepting the trade in?
I don’t believe that’s the case because I didn’t have a trade it but it’s not updating on my end.
I chatted with customer support and they had me log into mysupport.apple.com. There it had all my devices listed and next to the new iPhone it did indicate it had Apple Care coverage. The agent was taking to long to reply so I had to disconnect before understanding if there were any next steps but their system did show the coverage.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
I don’t believe that’s the case because I didn’t have a trade it but it’s not updating on my end.
I chatted with customer support and they had me log into mysupport.apple.com. There it had all my devices listed and next to the new iPhone it did indicate it had Apple Care coverage. The agent was taking to long to reply so I had to disconnect before understanding if there were any next steps but their system did show the coverage.
Yeah wasn't the case, my trade in completed yesterday and the prompt is still showing, I also confirmed via that link that AppleCare+ is allocated to my 11 Pro Max. The number of days on the prompt is stuck at 52 but if I open it then it says the. correct 44. I think it is going to boil down to needing a firmware update or at least a server side change to correct it.