Apple care (Apple Watch 2)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cabin8, Oct 3, 2017.

1. cabin8 macrumors member

hello everyone, if I have a apple watch 2 with apple care +, in case of break, what will be supported? since the 2 is no longer for sale? thank you

2. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Do you have AppleCare or AppleCare+.

In the case you have regular AppleCare any accidental damage won’t be covered and you’ll have to pay full price for the repair.

IF you have AppleCare+ and You accidentally damage you’ll only pay somewhere around $179 for the repair.

Now you mention that the series 2 is no longer available and that’s true. But when it comes to repairs Apple usually has parts and some stock in case they need to do a replacement.

Once they run out of parts or replacements, that’s when they start sending out upgraded models that closely match yours. This happened with some MacBooks pros a few months back. Apple ran out of the MacBook bottom case and so they started sending people newerish models as replacement.

3. jthiele87 macrumors newbie

Apple care + is the only Apple care available.
    It has a $69 flat rate fee for accidental coverage. They will replace your watch with the exact same model you have.

4. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Not true, I purchased regular AppleCare for my MBP just last month. To be eligible for AppleCare+, you must purchase that withing 60 days of purchasing your Device. Otherwise your only option is regular AppleCare.

5. HPLouis macrumors regular

He's talking about the watch. Only Applecare+ is available for the watch

6. jthiele87 macrumors newbie

The watch only has AC+ available.
    Also regular AC for macs is only available if you bought the Mac before they rolled out AC + for macs in July. If you buy a new mac now, AC+ is the only one available.

7. phantom123 macrumors newbie

I just got a refurb SS v2 directly from apple just 2 weeks ago and got applecare+ when I bought it. For some reason it didn't automatically attach to my profile like it should have, but a quick call in and they got it fixed up within a week.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Not true. I got a 2017 iMac last month and called to add AppleCare. I was given the option to purchase AC+ or AC. They don't advertise regular AppleCare, but they still offer it. Its significantly cheaper depending on the computer. $70 less on the iMac.

9. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Correct, they don't sell AC in store anymore. The only way to purchase regular AC is to call apple support.