Apple Care At Ebay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andresrw, Jun 5, 2007.

1. andresrw macrumors member

I found some apple care plans at ebay at very good prices ofered by very good power seller.
    How can this be possible? would someone buy from them?
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

If its too good to be true it probably is==caveat emptor==SCAM!

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You can usually get good deals on Applecare on ebay. it is the same thing that you would buy from Apple, just you are buying it from someone else, who got it from Apple and did not register it. if you are not sure if the auction is a scam or not, then post a link to it and someone here, can probably tell you whether it is or not.

4. andresrw thread starter macrumors member

THERE YOU GO!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300118324326&fromMakeTrack=true

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

6. andresrw thread starter macrumors member

Ok, i noticed is not the same part number that shows now at apple.com
    should it work for my incoming new MBP?

7. MartMcD macrumors newbie

I don't think you can use that one with a MacBook Pro - there's a specific (more expensive) AppleCare pack that's branded for MacBook Pro and PowerBook rather than MacBook and iBook. Do a search on eBay for "MA515LL/A" and that should give you the correct one, I think. :)

8. andresrw thread starter macrumors member

you are very right!!! thanks! i found someones allready at good prices...would you buy it from a good feedback seller?

9. munckee macrumors 65816

That pricing is in line with the edu pricing. Good, but not unheard of. Go for it.

10. nsjfoster macrumors newbie

On line retailer

You may also want to try the
    http://www.lacomputercompany.com/
    They always seem to have good prices on AppleCare
    eg. MacBook is $179
    That looks as good as the eBay item quote above.

11. libraritine macrumors member

would it still work if i bought an applecare from america and I live in Australia?

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Most likely not, Unless you want your computer to be service at your local U.S. Apple Store, Apple has different branches, like Apple Europe and Apple Inc, I recall a recent Maccast Podcast in which a user in a country, the netherlands? that didn't have a dedicated Apple Corporate had serious problems with Apple Care in Europe but contacted the U.S. Apple and got results. I might be wrong, but it wouldn't seem workable considering that there are so many different warranty laws in each individual U.S. state.

13. citygirl macrumors newbie

I am reallyhappy about that post http://www.lacomputercompany.com/cgi-bin/rpcart/inde

http://http://www.lacomputercompany.com/cgi-bin/rpcart/inde

That is a good deal, I am weary of Ebay!
    After breaking the bank for a Macbookpro I want the warranty
    That site is really good? I was almost going to spend full price.
    Please advise. Thanks a ton! been searching all day.

14. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Not only is this a good thing to think about with eBay it is also a good rule of thumb for anything related to buying and selling second-hand items.

15. citygirl macrumors newbie

16. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

I've bought three from them in the last couple months. Fast service and good prices.

17. citygirl macrumors newbie

Thats great

Strange that anyone would spend the $350 at apple.com;)

The LA store looks good, ahhh I feel like I can chill out now.
    Thanks.

18. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I've bought Applecare before on ebay. As long as the box is unopened, it should still work. Also suggest using paypal or credit card for protection if it is a scam.

19. citygirl macrumors newbie

I dont think that I can take the stress LOL

Just got my New Mac after much waiting, I think that an open box, may push me over the edge LOL

Life's a gamble, even getting this Apple care.

20. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

That's a bit naive when it comes to ebay.

I bought a brand new apple remote for $4 w/ shipping incl from a power seller, and it's worked perfectly for months.There really is a difference between smart shopping and just being critical of every low price. If you just pass up deals saying "it's too good to be true," then you're really missing the point of ebay.

21. citygirl macrumors newbie

Wow iwant remote!

I am sure that there's great sellers I have bought great stuff, I just worry about the code thing. if I knew it was a sure thing I would do it in a heart beat.

I have never had bad experience, I worry about the warranty turning out to b my bad luck.

i guess they bought a bunch at a going out of business store, or something, and sell them.
    Makes sense that it is possible.
    We may sell a Mac on Ebay. I hear ya. If you know a good seller please share.

22. gpeden macrumors regular

Not so - Apple's warranty & AppleCare for portable computers are in effect worldwide. The A/C ser. # that I purchased on eBay from the USA registered just fine and has worked here in Canada.

Cheers!

Glen

23. thoryamaha919 macrumors member

Hey guys im a long time reader but first time poster. I saw this and wanted to share my input. I have an ipod touch (gen1) and i was looking for applecare and had seen the supply on ebay. I took the plunge and the seller I had bought from was great. I had received and brand new applecare box never opened. I place the registration number in and everything worked out great for me.

24. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

"infinity-auctions" sells brand new apple remotes for $8.95 w/shipping incl (in US). With 30% cashback, you pretty much end up paying $6 for a fantastic item. Apple accessories are insanely overpriced if you buy them straight from the source.

The $4 remote was an auction that started at 99 cents. I can't remember who the seller was at the moment (ebay's blocked at work).