Apple Care buying outside U.S.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crimsonidol, Nov 16, 2009.

1. crimsonidol macrumors newbie

I had bought my mbp this September via a friend who was at Work&Travel this summer. She brought it to me.I was reading the threads over here and I decided 1 year warranty is not enough so I want to buy an Apple Care.

However it is not sold here. I was looking at the apple.com and according to what I understand to activate the Apple Care I should enter the code in the box.

Is there any problem if I buy a Apple care and ship it to a friend in U.S. and later he tells me the code and I register to the Apple Care. I ask it because there is no Apple care Product in here Turkey and I cannot register with an address here. should I register with an U.S adress?

Since a mbp is a portable my apple care will be worldwide and I can get help anytime I need here?

I tried to search but I could not find that topics. any ideas about this??

2. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

just buy it on ebay. they'll email you the code. and you'll save money.

3. crimsonidol thread starter macrumors newbie

so it won't be a problem an adress that I do not use right? I have the transaction e-mail and original transaction even if it has my friend's name on it.

4. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

apple care is world wide...so you should not have problems...but think twice before you buy it on ebay...many people have been swindled...in fact..there must be a huge thread on this topic in this forum somewhere....