Apple Care call today with iPhone 4 issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Aug 25, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I just got off the phone with Apple care support and I explained my problems.

1. Proximity issue. It happens 1 out of 20 calls I make. I told them it was annoying.

2. Heating issue. I get warning message about iPhone 4 will shut off now because it needs to be cooled off. (I don't remember exactly word by word)
    But, this also happens very rarely.

3. Reception issues.

I was hoping to talk more about proximity issue, but apple was like, "Oh, proximity issue is not a big deal, but wait.. did you say heating issue? OMG, we are going to have to replace it with new iPhone 4. NOW!

I was like wtf... That's not what I want. What I wanted to know was when you guys going to fix this Proximity issue. Anyway, Senior representative talked to me and they insisted that I get a replacement. I am headed apple store tomorrow...

Why is apple so freaky about heating issue?

2. iMikeT macrumors 68020

The heat issue could be the result of a number of different factors: CPU being over worked/being faulty, faulty battery, etc... I would assume that Apple just doesn't expect the iPhone 4 to be getting hotter than the previous generations.

Just be glad you're getting a replacement.

3. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I always purchase Apple Care when I buy a new iPhone or MacBook Pro. It's a very worthwhile investment for many reasons. To your issues, I trust them to advise accurately. That said, they are not, nor should they be expected to tell anyone about new developments, software fixes, etc. They are not told by Apple for the same reason. Companies have enough on their hands without passing out confidential information. It's just plain good business to keep things out of the public eye. Once they are ready everyone will find out quickly anyway.