Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharkoid

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
I bought my iPad from verzion and did not get AppleCare. Can I go into a apple store today and buy AppleCare for my iPad?

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Apple Care + must be purchased at the point of purchase because it covers accidental damage. It prevents people from calling and adding Apple Care + after they dropped their device & then getting a replacement.

Krad3130

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Winter Park, FL
30 days from date of purchase

Apple Care + must be purchased at the point of purchase because it covers accidental damage. It prevents people from calling and adding Apple Care + after they dropped their device & then getting a replacement.

You have 30 days from the date of purchase to get AppleCare+. You must make an appointment with a Genius Technician to take a look at your iPad and make sure there is no damage. Once he/she has looked it over and verified that there isn't any damage you will be able to purchase AppleCare+ which will cover you for 2 years from the date of purchase.

This is the same as buying an iPhone and wanting AppleCare+ if you don't get it at the time of purchase.

Sharkoid

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Crap well I hope verzion has a decent policy of my iPad were to get damaged :( I see multiple answers....but I have also seen at target you can buy the AppleCare box ? Maybe I could buy that try to register my product.

----------

You have 30 days from the date of purchase to get AppleCare+. You must make an appointment with a Genius Technician to take a look at your iPad and make sure there is no damage. Once he/she has looked it over and verified that there isn't any damage you will be able to purchase AppleCare+ which will cover you for 2 years from the date of purchase.

This is the same as buying an iPhone and wanting AppleCare+ if you don't get it at the time of purchase.

Hmm I will make a appt then and hopefully I can get it! After using this for a week and it being my first iPad I could never go back to not having one! Way to awesome !

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010

This.

Krad3130

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Winter Park, FL
Noooo!!!

Crap well I hope verzion has a decent policy of my iPad were to get damaged :( I see multiple answers....but I have also seen at target you can buy the AppleCare box ? Maybe I could buy that try to register my product.

----------

Hmm I will make a appt then and hopefully I can get it! After using this for a week and it being my first iPad I could never go back to not having one! Way to awesome !

DO NOT BUY THE REGULAR APPLECARE!! That applecare is no longer offered on the iPhone or iPad, only AppleCare+ is offered for these products.

I know for a FACT you can have your iPad looked at by a Genius at an Apple Store and as long as there is no damage to the device you will be able to purchase AppleCare+

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
30 days...get it the new terms of AppleCare+ are awesome. $50 = new iPad even with water damage

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html

Important notes

AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPad. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPad, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Genius will first need to verify your iPad purchase date and confirm that your iPad has no pre-existing damage. Schedule a Genius Bar appointment.

Then, over here:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4689

How to get AppleCare+

You must buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your iPad purchase.

There are three ways to buy:

From the Apple Online Store: When you order the new iPad or iPad 2, you’ll have the option to add AppleCare+ to your cart before you check out.

At an Apple Retail Store (requires a Genius Bar appointment, inspection of the iPad, and proof of purchase).

By calling 1-800-275-2273 (requires proof of purchase).

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012

Unless you are too far from an Apple store, then you can do it over the phone. Nearest one to me is like 100 miles. They were cool about it on the phone.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
DO NOT BUY THE REGULAR APPLECARE!! That applecare is no longer offered on the iPhone or iPad, only AppleCare+ is offered for these products.

I know for a FACT you can have your iPad looked at by a Genius at an Apple Store and as long as there is no damage to the device you will be able to purchase AppleCare+

Even if past 30 days ??

chazmink

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Long Beach Island, NJ
I got my new iPad at BestBuy on launch evening. Last night I called Apple's 800 number and bought AppleCare +. All I needed was my serial number and a credit card. No proof of purchase or inspection.

bubbaba

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
I bought my Ipad 3 from Bestbuy, had to make an appointment with a genius, inspected the Ipad 3 and bought Applecare +. Otherwise they said I could not buy it without inspection.

knoxtown

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
Everywhere

Yup. People should be aware that Best Buy is telling people that you only have two weeks to do it. Got the hard sell on launch day from 2 separate people. :apple:

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
You MUST purchase applecare+ in the first 30 days. I didn't buy it with my ipad on launch day, but came back on monday and the genius just inspected it to make sure it wasn't already broken, and rung me up for the applecare+

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
So the original AppleCare can not be used with the new iPad? I'm hoping to keep my iPad longer than one year, but I don't need damage protection because I'm not an idiot with my devices. But if I get a new iPad next year, I don't need the extended warranty. All I'd want is regular AppleCare in case I kept it for two years. But I don't want to buy it until I know I'm keeping it that long.

I was under the impression that you could still get regular AppleCare if you didn't want the damage protection. Am I mistaken?

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005

----------

Bc few people dont have a clue what they are telling you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.