Apple Care+ Cancellation w/ a phone lease

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hArrisburger, Sep 19, 2016.

1. hArrisburger macrumors regular

I had leased my iPhone 6S+ from a carrier and returned upon receiving my iPhone 7. I had purchased Apple Care+ separate from the phone. At this link it states that I will need to provide the proof of purchase. How do you do that with a phone lease? I want to have everything ready when I call and wondered if anyone else had encountered this.

Thanks!

2. noobinator macrumors 601

You purchased it separately from the phone so you would provide the receipt from Apple/where you purchased. I'm a bit confused.

3. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Call Apple directly. I did not have to provide any POP when I got a prorated refund from my 6S. All they asked for was the SN.

4. hArrisburger thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry. I never purchased. It was a lease, never technically owned the phone. Paid off remaining balance of the lease, did not pay the "right to purchase price" and returned the phone. Technically, I have no proof of purchase (nor did I provide it when signing up).

5. noobinator macrumors 601

6. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Apple would have proof if it was linked to you apple account. Not to mention, you should have an emailed receipt of your applecare+ purchase.

7. hArrisburger thread starter macrumors regular

Yikes. I totally misread. I thought it was proof of purchase of phone, not the actual AppleCare.

My bad!