Apple Care eBay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LethalUK, Jul 27, 2010.

1. LethalUK macrumors member

Hello,

My warranty is about to expire, and I found this for a good price. Is this ok to buy for my Mid 2009 Macbook Pro 13 inch? Any issues that mean it won't be accepted by Apple?

I am in the UK. I'm guessing I would just receive an emailed code?

Thanks for the help.

2. Mr THX macrumors newbie

Read loads of warnings about buying these off e-bay but would be interested to find out if they are true myself??

3. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

In my case, the warnings and stories are definitely true. I purchased an AC plan off ebay for my Macbook from "fromtheheartllc" and right after the paypal timeframe for disputes, they used their original receipt and processed a refund with Apple, killing my plan.

What annoyed me as much as the seller being so scummy was that Apple never contacted me. All of my information was linked to the AC plan. I should have at least been contacted and informed as to what was happening. Luckily I went online to look up the AC info and bam, it was telling me there was a problem. I called and Apple told me that it had been refunded to someone who presented them with the receipt and proof of purchase.

I was lucky, I had plenty of time to go buy a legitimate plan from an authorized reseller. I was never able to get a penny of my money back from the ebay scammer.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is, especially if it's on ebay.

4. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

if that seller is selling warranty since 6 months + you should be ok ... check his feedback ... i personally bought my macbook pro 3 years for $69 from a decent seller on ebay last year... and had no problem ...