Apple Care+ Extended after an iPhone exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushido, Jun 21, 2016.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

Hi,

this may be a stupid question but anyway ...

I bought my iPhone 6 in october 2014 as well as Apple Care+ in November of that year. I dropped my iPhone 6 in the bathtub of August 2015. I just checked my Apple Care+ Coverage which technically should be ending in november 2016 (2 years after i purchased it) but it says coverage ends in August 2017. Does that mean with every iPhone replacement through Apple Care+ the coverage gets extented by a whole new 2 years???

is that right or did they make a mistake? not that i am complaining, i just didnt think this would be the case

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's not supposed to get extended UNLESS the remaining apple care is less than 90 days. At the point they'll extend warranty (not accidental damage) to 90 days beyond the day you had the phone repaired.

This is the case for the US by the way. Local laws may be different wherever you (or anyone reading this) are.

3. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

hmmmm so weird, on the one hand i want to call them to make sure my iPhone will actually be covered in case something does happen in the future, on the other hand i dont want to let them know about the mistake THEY might have made

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Its probably an error, but an error in your favor. I had this happen with my iMac. I purchased my iMac in Feb 2011. Purchased AppleCare in Jan 2012. Therefore it should have expired in Feb 2014. But for whatever reason, it didn't expire until Feb 2015. I got an entire extra year for free.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The way I seeing, if it's covered in the future, great. If not, you didn't miss out on anything you've paid for.

6. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

If they erred by charging you too much, would you call?