Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VerySerious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
I just got off the phone with Apple and couldn't believe it when they told me that they would give me a refund for the Apple Protection Plan I just purchased because my product is 9 days out of warranty. Is there another company somewhere that warranties Apple equipment after the manufacturer warranty expires?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You can try SquareTrade though I am unsure. Sometimes homeowner's/Renter's insurance will allow you to schedule it into your policy.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You can try SquareTrade though I am unsure. Sometimes homeowner's/Renter's insurance will allow you to schedule it into your policy.

But that would be insurance, not warranty, right?
I mean, that would cover theft, damage, fire, etc, but not manufacturers issues
At least that is how I understand it

elpmas

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2009
Where the fresh snow don't go.
I thought they try to fix the problem for you, just like apple?
i.e.
you have to ship your product to them and they will try to fix it themselves, and if they are unable to, they will send it to another place.

**correct me if i'm wrong ^_^

techwhiz

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2010
Northern Ca.
Apple Care

Not to sound like a jerk, but.....
Apple says you can buy Apple Care as long as the item is still under the one year warranty. Pretty generous, since most companies only give you 15-45 days if that long.

Sorry you missed it by nine, b ut it was no longer covered under their warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.