Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ItaniumShock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
So I have some questions that I have regarding this product. I know that it works very wonders for some people on this site. I was hoping if there was any good things that happened to those people. Like replacements and upgraded stuff? I went back to the Apple Store like 7 times within the last 3 months. The Apple Store in Brea Mall dented my iMac when they were fixing it and went to another one in Pasadena, which is ~20 miles away from my house. Hoping I don't have to return again and wait for a couple of days and just get it replaced. The other times I went is because there was dust behind the screen. Even though it occurs, I kinda had to accept that it happens all the time lol.

whoathere

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What's the question?

ItaniumShock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What's the question?

Oh, is it worth the money purchasing it and having it in the longrun?

whoathere

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, IL

Oh. Well, it's just insurance. Some find it to be worth it, others don't. some believe most component failures will happen with the first year and others believe that paying for piece of mind is worth it. Personally, I have not used extended AppleCare on any products.

ItaniumShock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
Yeah I've been hearing that its worth the money. But these past few times, Genius bar people been denting my mac lol. They are not perfect, but at least offer something for coming all the way down to the Apple Store far away lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.