iPad Apple Care for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bishwasher, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Bishwasher macrumors regular

I recently bought myself a shiny new iPad 3 from Amazon and am now wondering does it qualify for Apple Care as it didn't come from Apple themselves and if so how do I go about getting it? Now Apple have unveiled the iPad 4 and iPad Mini of course the iPad 3 has been removed from the Apple Store. If I buy an Apple Care from one of the other iPad pages will it cover mine or not? Really should have thought about this before the big announcement I know:rolleyes:

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

You should be able to add it if you bought it within 30 days. The easiest way is to make an appointment to take it to an Apple store. You can also call them if you live far from an Apple store.

3. Bishwasher thread starter macrumors regular

Damn it, September 15th. Guess I've had it longer than I thought.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Careful here. Amazon doesn't sell iPads directly. You must have bought it from a marketplace seller. Sometimes apple won't honor these as an original purchase and will instead do it based on the reseller purchase date.

No harm in calling and asking though.

5. Bishwasher thread starter macrumors regular

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I have a scratch on my screen and wondered if that sort of thing is covered by Apple Care?

I don't have Apple Care yet but an Apple rep on the phone advised me to purchase it to extend my hardware warranty past 1 Year. Can I still do that even though I got it 7 months a go?

Cheers

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Applecare and applecare+ are two different things. Applecare+ is only available in the US and covers accidental damage....it must be purchased within 30 days. Applecare just covers hardware/manufacture defects. I am pretty sure that can be purchased any time during the first year, but a scratch on the screen would not be covered.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Ahh ok. Bummer. Thanks for the reply :)

9. choirboy macrumors newbie

It's also available in Canada.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

true. I should have said NA

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

You can get AppleCare on it. The iPad 3 isn't a year old yet so that's a definite.

12. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

To be honest I was only going to get it so I could get the screen replaced due to a scratch. Looks like you can't though. :)