iPad Apple Care for iPad 4th Gen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jcr918, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jcr918 macrumors regular

Trying to decide if I should get Apple care. I bought the Lifeproof case for my Ipad it's a awesome case I love it cost a arm and a leg tho.

Trying to decide if I should buy Apple care on top of this. I have never bought apple care on any of my products before.

I storm chase A LOT and use my gear on the road. The Ipad is the less costly thing I take with me. I carry around a 5D mark III and 24-70mm 2.8 L lens along with a 70-200mm 2.8 II Lens. All my gear is insured. I could get my Ipad insured with the same policy for about $3.00 to $4.00 per month

What's the battery life on the Ipad ? I know with apple care they will give you a new device with.

Any recommendations here ?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yup. Take a look at the countless Applecare threads and see if someone's needs/wants are in line with your own and go from there. It's a subjective matter and nothing in your OP would really point one way or the other.

As with anything -- depends on usage.

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

Apple claims 1,000 cycles before the battery drops to 80% of capacity (a cycle is from 0-100%, so charging from 50% to 100% is half a cycle). My wife's iPad 1 is still within spec, so that's a reasonable assumption. It's the defective battery that you need to watch for.