Apple Care for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ATLMacUser, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ATLMacUser macrumors newbie

I have a friend who does industrial type work and has to have a smart phone. Because of the nature of his work- he goes through a blackberry about once a year or sometimes twice a year, because they get so banged up. ATT covers his phones through insurance- but there is no ATT insurance on the iPhone. I mentioned applecare might be do something for replacement but had no idea how strict they were on damage. Does anyone have an idea how Apple Care would handle this?

:apple:

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

AppleCare covers manufacturing defects and not end user damage (or damage of any type).

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

AppleCare doesn't cover any physical damage/loss like most other phone insurance does for other phones.

It's just an extension of the regular warranty (which also doesn't cover any physical damage/loss).

It's up to the Apple person looking at the phone as to whether or not they'll service it if they see physical damage.

For example:

If it gets wet, they almost never will repair it under the warranty.

If there's a gouge on the side of the iPhone when you bring it in for something like "the speaker doesn't work", if in their mind, whatever caused that gouge may have also broken the speaker, they won't repair it under warranty.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Get insurance through your home owners insurance. For statefarm it is like $15 a year for loss / stolen / damage, i believe.

5. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Thats a good idea. What if you dont have homeowners insurance:/

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Then you'd have renters insurance, or be covered by someone who has one or the other, no?