Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marmaladeny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Does it worth to purchase apple care for iPhone?
I am concerning about hardware problems, such as repairings, battery replacement, crack on case, etc...
Your sincere and practical advices will be greatly appreciated!:)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think so but I don't buy until the device is just shy of a year old. Also, keep in mind it only extends your warranty 1 year.

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Wait until the end of the year before you buy it. You wouldnt want to water damage it or crack the screen before buying it (or even stolen!).

I have it for my phone. I buy Apple Care for everything, but I always wait till the end of the 1 year warranty to make sure i still have the product.

marmaladeny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Thank you all!

Thank you for the prompt reply!
It was great help to make up my minds!:)

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
to add to the point, even if you no longer have the iPhone or decide to sell it, the resale value will be higher with AC.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Let me just add one more thing in regards to Apple Care.

If you ever have an issue with your iPhone, Apple Care will do an advance replacement for you for FREE vs. if you dont have Apple Care, they will charge you ~$35.

Some may argue with me on this but the way they treat you is little different. You have more say in how your phone gets fixed vs. replaced with a new one, not newer model.

cortexprime

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
I tend to be a lurker on the forums, but had to chime in.

Applecare is good and all, but I recently got hooked up with Squaretrade.com
They are a third-party warranty company and cover a lot of stuff that Applecare does not. They are more expensive BUT they cover 2 years, and accidental handling. If I drop it and crack it, they will repair it or cover me for a new one.

Best part is I was covered for the iPhone3g for 3 years. When I got rid of it for my 3gs, they paid me back my coverage prorated.

Just FYI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.