Apple Care for ipod touch worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shakra00, Oct 1, 2011.

1. shakra00 macrumors member

Is it really worth it?
    I thought of getting the apple care because I thought in 2 years time, the battery of my ipod will hold 50% of the original. Besides, its cheaper than battery replacement. What do you guys think?

2. Renator macrumors member

I got it with my 3rd gen. After about a year and a few months the battery went bad. They replaced it at the Apple store after I tried one or two fixes. Glad I had it.

3. Cmacman macrumors newbie

not worth it in my opinion

I disagree, with the cost of ipod touch at 200 paying 25% more for the applecare doesn't make sense especially since you will probably not own it for more than 2 years, (ie newer version or upgrade to iphone, ipad, or other mac yet to be released!) I would save your money and if something breaks you can always sell for parts on ebay or use a third party service and probably save more money doing that.

4. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I think the best advice is to put the money you would have spent on any extended warranty in a special jar. Often you won't need it. And when you do, the jar will probably have more than enough money to repair or replace the broken item.

I don't do this myself. :-/ As for the question, it depends on who's using it. My kids' iPods are more likely to get wet in the bathroom or lost after being left on a car bumper (both of these have happened) than they are to fail in a way that's covered by warranty. So their iPods aren't on AppleCare. My wife and I are better at taking care of our stuff, so our iPhones are on AppleCare for when the battery craps out or we have other issues.

5. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Don't

Spend the 60$ on good cases and screen protectors.

If it's an internal defect, get it back to Apple asap for it to be fixed and the iPod touch is good to go for years with good protection.