Apple care for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Luis Ortega, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

My MBP is coming up to the 1 year mark in September and I am wondering abut getting the Apple care for an additional two years.
    What's the cheapest way to buy it at his time?
    I am able to buy it either in the US or the UK and can qualify as a teacher for educational pricing. I spend time in both countries but moreso in the UK.
    Is buying it from an individual or a place like ebay safe to do?
    Thanks for any advice.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since this subject has already been discussed repeatedly in several threads, there's a good chance you'll find all the information you want by*searching the forums to see what has already been discussed. MacRumors Guides are also a great resource. If you don't find your answer there, let us know and we'll be happy to help! :)

Short answer: many have bought from eBay. You can also get discounted educational pricing from Apple.

3. pointycollars macrumors regular

I wasn't even aware that you *could* buy it from an individual other than Apple. I'd just buy it from Apple. If you're concerned about having a warranty on your machine, I'd think it would be best to buy the extended warranty from the people who manufacture it, just to be safe and avoid some sort of invalid apple care issue when something does come up.

4. fk51785 macrumors regular

I buy all of my applecare from apple store.
    I'm a college student so that makes it little cheaper also.

5. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

Yep. Ebay, surprising as it may be, actually has some great prices.