Apple Care+ for Series 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sporez, Sep 27, 2018.

1. sporez macrumors member

sporez

What's everyone's opinions on buying AC+ for the Series 4? I never had it for my Series 0 but looking at the $299 service fee for the Series 4 is making me considering getting AC+ this time around. It would really suck to have to pay almost 3/4 the price of the watch to repair a broken screen or other damage.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I get AC for every device.

I am very careful with my stuff but accidents do happen.

3. Ethan Coohill macrumors regular

4. nosnhojm macrumors regular

nosnhojm

It's $69 for 2 years.

5. techiegirl macrumors 65816

techiegirl

I get it for iPhones and iPads but not watches.

6. Ethan Coohill macrumors regular

Ah didn’t realize. For the Hermès models it’s $99 for 3 years

7. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

I always get it for my watches, because in the past I have had software update brick my watch. If that happens out of warranty, I want to make sure a repair or replacement is covered.

8. cmaier macrumors G5

If a software update bricks your device Apple will take care of it, whether or not you have apple care.

9. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

If it’s out of warranty and they can’t conclusively prove that the bricking of the watch was caused by the software update, I don’t want to take any chances.

It’s not like an iPhone where you can plug it into your Mac and restore it. You’re completely at Apple’s mercy if a software update goes sideways.

10. cmaier macrumors G5

I suppose. If there is no physical damage to the device I’ve never had them refuse a free “fix.”

11. roberthodgson macrumors regular

ordered apple care plus for my new AW4LTE I always buy the extended warranty as a just in case and its come in handy in the past

12. Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

I got it for peace of mind since I got the more expensive SBSS. Not sure if I would’ve got it had I bought the Aluminum.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I have _never_ heard a case for Apple would deny the customer to have the Watch restored if a software update goes awry. I cannot imagine a situation where they would not allow the watch to be sent in to be restored and sent back to the customer in the situation, when have so many variables that really can’t be proven what went wrong in the first place.