Apple Care+ for Series 4

sporez

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Nashville
What's everyone's opinions on buying AC+ for the Series 4? I never had it for my Series 0 but looking at the $299 service fee for the Series 4 is making me considering getting AC+ this time around. It would really suck to have to pay almost 3/4 the price of the watch to repair a broken screen or other damage.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I get AC for every device.

I am very careful with my stuff but accidents do happen.

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I always get it for my watches, because in the past I have had software update brick my watch. If that happens out of warranty, I want to make sure a repair or replacement is covered.

cmaier

macrumors P6
Jul 25, 2007
California
I always get it for my watches, because in the past I have had software update brick my watch. If that happens out of warranty, I want to make sure a repair or replacement is covered.
If a software update bricks your device Apple will take care of it, whether or not you have apple care.

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
If a software update bricks your device Apple will take care of it, whether or not you have apple care.
If it’s out of warranty and they can’t conclusively prove that the bricking of the watch was caused by the software update, I don’t want to take any chances.

It’s not like an iPhone where you can plug it into your Mac and restore it. You’re completely at Apple’s mercy if a software update goes sideways.

cmaier

macrumors P6
Jul 25, 2007
California
If it’s out of warranty and they can’t conclusively prove that the bricking of the watch was caused by the software update, I don’t want to take any chances.

It’s not like an iPhone where you can plug it into your Mac and restore it. You’re completely at Apple’s mercy if a software update goes sideways.
I suppose. If there is no physical damage to the device I’ve never had them refuse a free “fix.”

Reactions: billchase2

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
ordered apple care plus for my new AW4LTE I always buy the extended warranty as a just in case and its come in handy in the past

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I got it for peace of mind since I got the more expensive SBSS. Not sure if I would’ve got it had I bought the Aluminum.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

I have _never_ heard a case for Apple would deny the customer to have the Watch restored if a software update goes awry. I cannot imagine a situation where they would not allow the watch to be sent in to be restored and sent back to the customer in the situation, when have so many variables that really can’t be proven what went wrong in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.