Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ItaniumShock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
So I came back from the Apple Store the other day and I bought the AppleCare for the iMac. Question is that does it come with a disc? I mean I have seen numerous videos that usually it comes with a disc, a tool for certain things. Did they change that or was it something else?

Thanks

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
So I came back from the Apple Store the other day and I bought the AppleCare for the iMac. Question is that does it come with a disc? I mean I have seen numerous videos that usually it comes with a disc, a tool for certain things. Did they change that or was it something else?

Thanks

My last several AC purchases did not come with a CD.

/Jim

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012

Thanks

??? CD for what? Apple Care just extends your warranty another 2 years. You receive a letter in the mail from Apple with your details.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
In the past the Apple Care package included a 'tools' software disk.

But as far as I know that was changed sometime ago.

It was diagnostic tools that you could run before taking/sending the unit back to Apple.

I just opened my brand new Apple Care package that I bought with my new iMac.

Nothing in there but two booklets.

On the package it says " AUTO ENROLL " so I checked online and sure enough the Apple Care registered to the iMac when I purchased it.

Even that is a change, the last time I did it you had to do the enrollment online yourself.

I'm good until February 14, 2015 ! :D

----------

??? CD for what? Apple Care just extends your warranty another 2 years. You receive a letter in the mail from Apple with your details.

In the past they included a disk that you could boot from to run Hardware Diagnostic Tools.

If you called for support they would ask you to run some tests from what I recall.

Tander

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
In the past the Apple Care package included a 'tools' software disk.

But as far as I know that was changed sometime ago.

It was diagnostic tools that you could run before taking/sending the unit back to Apple.

I just opened my brand new Apple Care package that I bought with my new iMac.

Nothing in there but two booklets.

On the package it says " AUTO ENROLL " so I checked online and sure enough the Apple Care registered to the iMac when I purchased it.

Even that is a change, the last time I did it you had to do the enrollment online yourself.

I'm good until February 14, 2015 ! :D

----------

In the past they included a disk that you could boot from to run Hardware Diagnostic Tools.

If you called for support they would ask you to run some tests from what I recall.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Mr Rogers

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Hong Kong
No More Disc

I believe until 2010 Apple included Tech Tool Pro as a bootable disc in its AppleCare products for laptops and desktops.

Now all you get is a box and two booklets, indeed, you don't even get a copy of lion with a new purchase of a iMac/Macbook/ MacMini as its preinstalled.

Those were the days!!!!!!!

Common Sense

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
I deleted my system folder on my 2001 Mac

What do I do to get it back. I have backed up all my data. I do not have my original disks. I was trying to make more space on it. I have two mac notebooks from 2002 and 2003. They all work get. Love Apple worth every penny.

----------

I deleted my system folder on my 2001 Imac
see previous :confused:

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
What do I do to get it back. I have backed up all my data. I do not have my original disks. I was trying to make more space on it. I have two mac notebooks from 2002 and 2003. They all work get. Love Apple worth every penny.

----------

I deleted my system folder on my 2001 Imac
see previous :confused:

If you don't have the original install discs then I suggest that you order new ones from Apple. In the mean time, you could visit the Apple store and speak with a genius who could possibly help you out with doing an archive and install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.