Apple Care iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ItaniumShock, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ItaniumShock macrumors newbie

So I came back from the Apple Store the other day and I bought the AppleCare for the iMac. Question is that does it come with a disc? I mean I have seen numerous videos that usually it comes with a disc, a tool for certain things. Did they change that or was it something else?

Thanks

2. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

Isn't Apple Care just an extended warranty for your iMac from Apple and not a bit of software?

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

My last several AC purchases did not come with a CD.

/Jim

4. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

??? CD for what? Apple Care just extends your warranty another 2 years. You receive a letter in the mail from Apple with your details.

5. harcosparky macrumors 68020

In the past the Apple Care package included a 'tools' software disk.

But as far as I know that was changed sometime ago.

It was diagnostic tools that you could run before taking/sending the unit back to Apple.

I just opened my brand new Apple Care package that I bought with my new iMac.

Nothing in there but two booklets.

On the package it says " AUTO ENROLL " so I checked online and sure enough the Apple Care registered to the iMac when I purchased it.

Even that is a change, the last time I did it you had to do the enrollment online yourself.

I'm good until February 14, 2015 ! :D

----------

In the past they included a disk that you could boot from to run Hardware Diagnostic Tools.

If you called for support they would ask you to run some tests from what I recall.

6. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

7. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

No More Disc

I believe until 2010 Apple included Tech Tool Pro as a bootable disc in its AppleCare products for laptops and desktops.

Now all you get is a box and two booklets, indeed, you don't even get a copy of lion with a new purchase of a iMac/Macbook/ MacMini as its preinstalled.

Those were the days!!!!!!!

8. Common Sense macrumors newbie

I deleted my system folder on my 2001 Mac

What do I do to get it back. I have backed up all my data. I do not have my original disks. I was trying to make more space on it. I have two mac notebooks from 2002 and 2003. They all work get. Love Apple worth every penny.

----------

I deleted my system folder on my 2001 Imac
    see previous :confused:

9. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

If you don't have the original install discs then I suggest that you order new ones from Apple. In the mean time, you could visit the Apple store and speak with a genius who could possibly help you out with doing an archive and install.