Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
So here is my list of applecare woes. First I sent off my MBP to make it stop whining, which was fixed and sent back. Sadly, they replaced the (previously silent) screen inverter with one that made a very loud buzzing when the screen was at any brightness other than the very lowest. They also managed to scratch up the bottom of my computer and my battery. So I called them up and told them, and they sent a box. However, the next day I was leaving for a few days to go back east to New York and New Jersey, so I decided to send in my computer when I got back.

I got back home, turned on my computer, and the HDD started making a noise like a can of spraypaint being shaken (all of these problems had threads on them here at MR), so I called up AC again and had them add it to the file. Then I sent it in on August 9th (service requested on the 26th). They received it on the next day, then on the 11th the repair status changed from "in progress" to "information needed." I looked up what that meant (it means they needed to talk to me about something), and so I called them. Apparently someone had seen the scratches and reported it as accidental damage without even reading the notes (which authorized the repair of the scrateches)!! Also, I had the lady at tech support read the case notes to me, and none of them mentioned the HDD, so I had her add that problem again. That was about 10am Friday morning. It is now 3:20pm on Saturday afternoon, and the repair status is still "information needed".

What is going on? Should I call in again? Should I wait till monday evening in case they didn't work this weekend (according to the last AC person I talked to they don't usually but did last weekend)? I am only in such a rush because I leave for San Diego on Friday and need to have the computer back by then.

Has this ever happened to anybody? Advice?

Thanks.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
I have had the situation where the fix didn't actually fix anything. Call them again. They will make it right in the end.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Jiddick ExRex said:
My iBook was in for 43 days. Unacceptable.

43 days?! For what? I would think that if it was in for that long they would give you a new one or at least try to make it up to you in iTunes gift certificates or something...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.