apple care issue on ipad I order recently

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Alexrat1996, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Hello, i purchased my iPad pro 9.7 inches via apple online with my college discount with personal engraving .I purchased the apple care plus but when I put the serial number that shows on my support profile does not show the apple care plus and the iPad was just shipped today. Does the apple care kick in when I get my iPad pro in the mail ? why won't it show up

2. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

If I remember correctly, you will need to register AppleCare to your device after you receive it, to activate AppleCare. It's an online process.

Perhaps they've change it, but I believe it still works that way.

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

but i already did buy it doesn't it automatic register

4. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

No... When the computer arrives, you should receive a separate package that contains the apple care warranty paperwork. You will then go online and register it to your machine.

5. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

If you purchased the AppleCare+ with the iPad it's automatically registered there is no paperwork or registering needed it's all done by Apple.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

^THIS^

But it could take a few weeks for it to show up in the data base so just hold onto you receipt showing you have AC+ for now and life will be good.

7. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

If anything I would just call the Apple Care line I've never had to register the product separately it usually just happens automatically unless you buy AppleCare after-the-fact

8. ABC5S macrumors 68040

9. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Apple Care is an extended warranty, after the first 12 months. as mentioned your already registered. it will take a few days, if not give Apple a call.

10. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Yesterday, July 8, I purchased Apple Care+ at an Apple Store on an Ipad Pro I bought 50 days ago.
    Checked this morning and it was registered. Probably because I bought the plan at an Apple Store.

11. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Mine took a few days after I got my iPad. Just keep your receipt as others have said and you will be fine.

12. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

It did automatic register took the next day till I got the email showing my Apple care