Apple Care not available in my country ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ocgirl, Dec 2, 2016.

1. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl

Hi all,

I was super excited to finally order my long awaited new MBP but .... after receiving 2 mails of confirmation a 3rd one comes along saying Apple Care is NOT available in my country (Monaco) and that it has been withdrawn from my shopping cart and won't be billed.

This is a serious problem as I don't even dream of buying such an expensive computer without having a 3 year warranty. Isn't AppleCare worldwide ?? I live about 30 minutes from an Apple Store (with student discount available?) so really I don't get it... If I were to pick it up in store, would it let me register it to my machine.

I feel so disappointed right now :(
    Thank you.

2. NotVeryFriendly macrumors member

NotVeryFriendly

3. ocgirl thread starter macrumors regular

ocgirl

That doesn't make any sense though. I had bought an MBP in Canada, came back to France and used the warranty in that French store. If it is all an address issue I guess I'll have to register it with a friend's French address (and hope it's not tied to the credit card address). What a mess, it is ridiculous since the postal service in France/Monaco is considered identical.
    Thanks for the input...

4. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

Monaco is on that list. so something else is going on here. definitely worth another call.

5. ocgirl thread starter macrumors regular

ocgirl

I just finished my call with the Apple service that confirmed I will be eligible to the AppleCare and that Monaco was not excluded. The mail I received was mentioning Apple Care + which is apparently for iPhones and not Macs.
    At this point she told me to wait for the laptop to arrive and we'll do the procedure together over the phone. To be honest I'm still a little nervous that it won't work but I guess worse comes to worse I'll just return the new mac :(

Anyhow, will update once I have / have not the Apple Care, if it can help someone.