Apple care ok to buy on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BJB Productions, Nov 28, 2008.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

So, Is it OK if I buy apple Care on Ebay as long as it is un-opened right? What about if I buy from one of the people who just email you the code?
    I'm guessing I shouldn't do that...But I'd like to get a better deal than just straight from apple, because as you know, it's really expensive.

Thanks

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

If it were me, I'd purchase an unopened one, not just a code. I would still be a bit skeptical of purchasing anything like that on Ebay though.

3. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I just got AppleCare for my Mac Pro on eBay, just bought the code, registered with Apple no problem at all :)

£63 on eBay, £199 from Apple.

5. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I bought AppleCare for my Mini for $55. No issues registering it at all. $55 for 2 more years of peace of mind, that's a sweet deal.

6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

7. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Hmm.. I was looking at one guys feedback on Ebay (he sells just the codes by email) and all his feedback was good... It would be nice not to pay shipping...

8. flynifr macrumors newbie

AppleCare on eBay

I have purchased several AppleCares on eBay as well as several .mac and recently MobileMe accounts with absolutely no problem and have saved HUNDREDS of dollars over the past several years. I have never paid more than $40 for .mac/MobileMe and paid $199 each for AppleCare for my MacBook and MacBook Pro. Just check the feedback ratings and make sure it is a reliable seller and don't just buy the code online. Make sure then send you the physical code in case there are any questions. Also, pay with PayPal so you are insured.

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

So long as you choose someone who has lots of good feedback, you can't go wrong. There's absolutely no reason to pay the price Apple charge directly.

10. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Yeah. Very good point. And one of you said you got Mobile Me on eBay too? I am about to dump mine because I'm really just paying for email. But I'm running a website off of it, so If I buy another one off of eBay, can I keep my account going?

11. flynifr macrumors newbie

When you buy a MobileMe box or code, whether from Apple or eBay you simply add the code to your account and it extends your account for another year. You could also use it to register a new user ID if you wish. You can buy MobileMe on eBay right now for $59.

12. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I've purchased itunes gift card codes on eBay before. Like someone said ... Just make sure the seller has lots of good recent feedback.

13. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Why would you pay for shipping? He 'emails' you the code right? And I thought eMAIL method was free? :confused:

14. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I bought AC for my MacBook through ebay and the code came within half an hour. Just make sure the seller has good feedback and you should be fine.

15. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions