Apple care on a used watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Hustler, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Can you put apple car on a used watch after its 60 days past purchase, If they inspect it and deem it in good condition?

I bought a used watch with apple care but he says he may transfer it to his next watch he gets his wife, removing it from my watch.

Thanks
    Brad

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I don't think that can be done. AC is tied to the device, which is why you can transfer to a new owner of said device, but not to a different device. Inform the seller you'd like to buy it off him, since what he's trying to do can't be done. He can do a one-time ownership transfer to you.

3. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

According to the Applecare T&C's, you can only transfer Applecare between devices if they are both less than 30 days old, so they probably wont be able to remove Applecare from the watch you're purchasing, however I'd just call Apple to make sure............

'You may make a one time, permanent transfer of the coverage under the Plan to a new Apple product that is owned and purchased by you within thirty (30) days of the Covered Equipment purchase.'

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Good point. However, the seller can always cancel AC+ and receive a prorated refund. The OP is better off buying it off him, and the seller can transfer ownership (in name only) to the OP or simply do nothing as AC+ is tied to the device.

5. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

Thanks for the advice guys. The seller is contacting Apple about transferring it to me or a pro rate to him, we will work that out.

Again,
    Thanks!

6. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

If he cancels it and gets a prorated refund that may not be the best outcome for you. Due to the age of the watch, you will not be able to take out a new AC+ policy on the watch. So if you want AC+ on it your best (only) option is to pay him for it and have him transfer the policy to you.