Apple Care on Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by JMatzelle993, Jan 12, 2019.

1. JMatzelle993 macrumors newbie

I am considering buying the new mac mini. Once I purchase it how long do I have to put Apple Care on it?

2. Maccotto macrumors 6502

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68020

CoastalOR

I agree with Maccotto, 60 days after purchase to buy AppleCare+.
    https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

Old AppleCare is not available online, but I have heard you can call Apple and purchase it. The old AppleCare has to be purchased within 1 year. I would caution that I have not personally called Apple to try and purchase the old AppleCare so you might want to call Apple to verify it's availability before 60 days passes.

4. F-Train, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

F-Train macrumors 6502a

You have a choice. You can purchase AppleCare+ within 60 days of purchase, or rely on what somebody tells you on the telephone, assuming that they tell you what you want to hear, and wait a year.

In my view, not a hard decision.

I purchased AppleCare+ a couple of days ago at day 50 from purchase. It's good until 9 January 2022 and, at US$99, will cost me 9 cents per day.

5. user_xyz macrumors member

user_xyz

So AppleCare runs from the actual date you buy AppleCare and Not the Day you bought your Hardware?
    So for me I purchased AppleCare when I purchased my Mini-Dec 10-so AppleCare for me ends Dec 10 2021?

If I would have known I would have waited like you!!

6. F-Train, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

F-Train macrumors 6502a

Yes, from the day you purchase the computer you have 60 days to purchase AppleCare+, and the latter runs for three years from the date that AppleCare+ is purchased. For a lot of products, there is actually a good reason not to wait. Drop your brand new new phone or iPad on a concrete sidewalk, and buying AppleCare+ after that event is not a solution. AppleCare+ applies from date of purchase, not retroactively.