Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocky77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2020
My 2016 Ipad pro just stopped working one day. It wont turn on. I didnt have any apple care on it. So, I shipped it to apple for repair and they have replaced it with a refurbished Ipad pro. Can i buy apple care+ for the refurbished ipad? If not, how can I add coverage to the Ipad to minimize the costs in case of an accident or technical issues? Thanks

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
My 2016 Ipad pro just stopped working one day. It wont turn on. I didnt have any apple care on it. So, I shipped it to apple for repair and they have replaced it with a refurbished Ipad pro. Can i buy apple care+ for the refurbished ipad? If not, how can I add coverage to the Ipad to minimize the costs in case of an accident or technical issues? Thanks
You might want to have a look at this Apple Support article.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
As far as I'm concerned, it depends. Whats the model of the refurbished iPad? The same as your previous one?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Did you purchase the refurbished iPad Pro from Apple or did they send it to you free of charge as a replacement for the defective one?

If they sent it to you as a replacement for the defective one, I believe it will be warranted for 90 days. And no, you won't be able to buy AC+ for it.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Rocky77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2020
Did you purchase the refurbished iPad Pro from Apple or did they send it to you free of charge as a replacement for the defective one?

If they sent it to you as a replacement for the defective one, I believe it will be warranted for 90 days. And no, you won't be able to buy AC+ for it.
They sent me the replacement. So, theres no way to add coverage to the replacement Ipad pro? Thanks

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Okay. The replacement iPad Pro is not eligible for AC+ but it is warranted for 90 days. I would ask Apple anyway about the AC+. You never know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.