Apple Care or AT&T Insurance?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShawnTXDFW, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

I haven't even gotten my iPad Pro yet. But just curious as to which is better and why. I have had Apple products since the iPhone 3G and have never had Apple care. Nor AT&T insurance for that matter. That being said I'm really thinking about putting it on the Pro. Just need some feedback. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

AT&T at least for cellphones has a $199 deductible. It's only $49 (or $59?) for AppleCare+. I'd go AppleCare+ if the choice is between those two.

3. iceman42 macrumors regular

i would get applecare+.it pays for its self if you call applecare a couple of times a year

4. gvndeb60 macrumors newbie

Check the deductible for AppleCare for the iPad Pro. If the deductibles are close(and they might be as the new iPhone deductibles went up this year) I would vote for AT&T insurance bc that covers loss as well. I prefer dealing strictly with Apple but from a money perspective AT&T might be cheaper when you also consider no upfront cost versus the $99 or higher cost of AppleCare up front.

5. gvndeb60 macrumors newbie

Never mind, AppleCare is $99 upfront and only $49 per incident. AT&T deductible is $199 and it is $6.99 monthly. So unless you are scared of losing it or it getting stolen, I'd go AppleCare.
    Also look up SquareTrade.

6. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I did AppleCare AND insureappleiphone on my IPP. AppleCare for everything non loss/stolen, and will use insureappleiphone if the iPP is stolen/lost. I commute to Manhattan daily on mass transit, so it significantly increases the chances of theft/loss.

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

8. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Searching the forum, I'm not hearing good things about this company.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

10. veryangrybirds macrumors member

I agree with most of the people here. AppleCare is the best way to go.

11. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I have them for 4 phones, and 2 ipads (I also have AppleCare+ on the IPP). I have not had to use it yet, but I wanted something that covered theft and loss. So, I may be back one day to eat crow, but I have had them since 2010.

12. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

Throwing Squaretrade into the mix.

They have a few options for the iPad Pro; $49 deductible, 2 year coverage for $85 or $0 deductible, 2 year coverage for $99. They also offer 3 year coverage for a bit more.

I've used Squaretrade for one of my iPhones and they allowed me to carry it to the Apple store for them to fix and I had my reimbursement in 2 days.