Apple care or not for new purchase??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by debslol, Sep 4, 2016.

?

applecare...yes or no

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. debslol macrumors newbie

just purchase iPad Pro 9.7. I was under the gun at closing time at BB and they made a point that if I purchased there I could bring there instead of Apple Store (none close to me). Now I have had iPad 4 since release and I did break the glass on that twice. I did repair once which was 100.00 and this last break I knew I would probably upgrade so it wasn't top priority to fix second time. Is the glass on the pro more durable or just as easy to shatter. For that fact alone I can see AppleCare being useful but I never had any other issues.

How many of you purchase AppleCare for your new devices??

2. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Well, if you're sure that the only damage you might do to your iPad will only cost you $100 per repair, I'd say don't get AppleCare+.

Specifically, AppleCare+ will cost you $100 for no repairs, $150 for one repair and $200 for 2 repairs, which, based on your purported "repair costs", is generally not worth it unless you know you're going to shatter your screen twice.

If you get some other damage that can't be covered by $100, you're in trouble though.

3. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

I'm not the type of person to buy extended coverage, but for something like an iPad (or Apple Watch/iPhone) that you'll be traveling with, carrying around etc I'd recommend it. It's especially useful because it covers incidents of accidental damage, of which the repairs will cost you far more than what you paid for the service.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is really depending on YOU. If you are the type that drops and damages things then yes. But I have never bought AC+ and never needed it.

5. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

If you had a pro 12.9", I'd recommend AppleCare+.

For the 9.7", it's less clear-cut.

6. ectospheno macrumors member

The advice above is sound. If you only break the screen once then you still wasted money. What else is going to happen to your iPad in your house?

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There was another thread similar to this one. It's all about how well you treat your devices and manage them. I, for one, have never needed Apple Care. Your mileage may vary.

8. debslol thread starter macrumors newbie

Except for the glass breakage 2x I only repaired once....is the surface on the iPad Pro different?? That was my only gripe with the iPad 4 was when dropped that glass shattered easily. Other than that nose I had no other problems....I think I will return the AppleCare thx for all of your input!!