apple care+ or sq. trade

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Meric, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Meric macrumors regular

sq trade has a $ 40 coupon and they offer 2 year protection for $ 79...

1 year is $ 59.

apple care+ is $ 99 for 2 years

both have $ 49 deductible...

I wanna get either one ..don't have any experience with sq trade.. are they easy and fast enough to replace the broken ipad ?

please share your experiences. thx!

2. vrillusions, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

vrillusions macrumors regular

vrillusions

Squaretrade.

I had squaretrade on ipad2. I sold it a few weeks ago and was able to get a prorated refund of what I paid for the warranty. Although this one I plan on actually keeping for 2 years if I didn't or I lose it (not covered under either warranty) I can get the money back. Applecare doesn't do that. Also squaretrade is transferable if you sell it to someone. Not sure if applecare is.

(edit) Thanks to the couple people below applecare is also transferable and prorated refund.

3. doboy macrumors 68000

Actually, Apple does provide pro-rated refund and can be transferred once per their terms of agreement.

4. Meric thread starter macrumors regular

applecare+ is also transferrable..

so what you are saying is if we get sq trade for 2 years and get the new ipad next year..they give refund for the unused 1 year ?

----------

I dont think I can live without an ipad for 1 day ....applecare+ would be better for an immediate store exchange then...

5. doboy macrumors 68000

Yes, you should be able to get it replaced at the Apple store. Apple also gives you a pro-rated refund anytime you cancel within 2 years.