Apple care plan, why does it cost more in different stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kpritcha13, May 6, 2007.

1. kpritcha13 macrumors member

Hey guys. Sorry i'm new and didn't see this posted before. I'm thinking of buying a Macbook Pro. Does anyone know why in the developers' store the Apple Care Plan costs $349, but in the educational store/regular store/refurb area it only costs $239? Its for the exact same Mac book Pro.

Thanks!

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Students and teachers get a education discount that applies not only to the computer, but also the AC. Sadly no more iPod discounts though.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think if you buy the macbook pro from the developer store, you also have to buy applecare from the developer store. same goes for the education store, though i've seen different education prices on applecare, ranging from $189-$239.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

If you buy the educational one you have to prove you are a student. Hence the cheaper price

5. kpritcha13 thread starter macrumors member

Developers store

The thing is the reason I was looking at the devlopers store was to get that one time student devlopers deal. The ADC discount which turns out to be even more that the educational discount even after paying $99 to sign up, but I'm still confused why the care plan is more that way when it shouldn't be

educational store and regular store price for the care plan are the same at $239, but the devlopers stores price is $329

Here's the devlopers store Macbook Pro
    store
    http://store.apple.com/AppleStore/WebObjects/ADC.woa/6204006/wo/rw3PAb2TKTh12E0STpV1bi92crT/11.?p=0

And the regular store Macbook
    store
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...6224003/wo/hL3A1krE0bZl276VSoA2Hl7fVTy/1.?p=0

hope these links work

6. kpritcha13 thread starter macrumors member

prices just changed

Ok while I was checking to make sure my last post links worked all of the Apple Care plans, no matter what store even the refurb area jumped up to $349 for the Mac Book Pro!

WTF!!!???