Apple Care Plus

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kasakato, Mar 23, 2012.

1. kasakato macrumors newbie

I understand Apple has limited the purchase of Apple Care Plus to within the first 30 days of purchase. However for online orders, does the "purchase" start when the order is placed or when the iPad is shipped/received?

I ask because my order was placed March 12, but is not expected to arrive until April 12. If I do not want to purchase in advance, am I SOL?

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Definitely not based on order date. It would have to be on ship or delivery date. The web "check your warranty" site on apple.com in my case shows the SHIP date (delivery was the next day) but if it came down to it I'm sure they accept the delivery date with proof of delivery.

3. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

AFAIK, if you order online you have to either buy AC+ along with the iPad order, or within the first 30 days take it into an Apple Store and buy it there after a genius looks it over and makes sure it's working ok.

4. kasakato thread starter macrumors newbie

What first 30 days?

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

first 30 days since you purchased your ipad

also - according to apples website you do not have to go in-store to purchase applecare + even if the purchase is after you have received your ipad.

6. kasakato thread starter macrumors newbie

But if I was to receive the iPad 30 days after ordering it due to back-ordering, I am unable to purchase AC+?

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

from delivery date - 30 days - sorry for not being clear