Apple Care Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peterpan123, Nov 20, 2015.

1. peterpan123 macrumors 6502

For the MAC, it is definitely worth to get Apple Care. How about the iPhone? It looks like Apple Care Plus only adds one extra year of protection (totally 2 years of warranty) vs. Apple Care for the Mac has an extra year to make it a 3-year warranty.

I have seen lots of people (at least ten) with a broken screen. Do the iPhones' screen crack so easily?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Also covers you for accidental damage (two claims) and express replacement.

3. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

You might want to edit your title to be a tad more descriptive.

I buy AC+ for my iPhones because they are expensive and it covers accidental damage.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

There's been a number of threads doing the financial analysis on this already.

TL;DR summary: AC+ makes money for Apple. Therefore, the odds are in their favor that it will cost you more than it saves you.

Same could be said for your MAC (whatever that is, but presumably a Mac computer), but because the replacement costs can be significantly higher than the "Out Of Warranty" repair costs or replacement costs of an iPhone, it's like any other insurance policy. If you can't afford to replace "xxx" out of pocket, it's a good idea to insure it if it's important to you.

C

5. peterpan123 thread starter macrumors 6502

As you know from the OP, the Apple staff I talked to is not knowledgeable. She mentioned that with AppleCare +, I can get international warranty. What about international warranty in the first year if I don't buy AppleCare+?

6. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

OP, don't forget that the Mac AppleCare does not cover drop/spills. Only the iPhone/ipad/ipod