Apple Care Plus

peterpan123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
For the MAC, it is definitely worth to get Apple Care. How about the iPhone? It looks like Apple Care Plus only adds one extra year of protection (totally 2 years of warranty) vs. Apple Care for the Mac has an extra year to make it a 3-year warranty.

I have seen lots of people (at least ten) with a broken screen. Do the iPhones' screen crack so easily?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Also covers you for accidental damage (two claims) and express replacement.

convergent

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2008
You might want to edit your title to be a tad more descriptive.

I buy AC+ for my iPhones because they are expensive and it covers accidental damage.

Reactions: ABC5S

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
There's been a number of threads doing the financial analysis on this already.

TL;DR summary: AC+ makes money for Apple. Therefore, the odds are in their favor that it will cost you more than it saves you.

Same could be said for your MAC (whatever that is, but presumably a Mac computer), but because the replacement costs can be significantly higher than the "Out Of Warranty" repair costs or replacement costs of an iPhone, it's like any other insurance policy. If you can't afford to replace "xxx" out of pocket, it's a good idea to insure it if it's important to you.

C

Reactions: lordofthereef

peterpan123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
As you know from the OP, the Apple staff I talked to is not knowledgeable. She mentioned that with AppleCare +, I can get international warranty. What about international warranty in the first year if I don't buy AppleCare+?

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
OP, don't forget that the Mac AppleCare does not cover drop/spills. Only the iPhone/ipad/ipod