Apple Care Protection Plan help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by caldavey, Dec 26, 2007.

1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

Hey guys I just got a brand new Black MacBook with 2Gb ram and I was thinking about it and the total came to about $2,000 and the MacBook Pro is about that (I got the Protection plan) and the MBP comes with a whole bunch of better stuff. So I have a couple of questions:

What does the ACPP cover? And if I decide to return it, will I be able to?
    Can I return this Computer with the ACPP back to Best Buy(thats where i bought it) since Ive only had it for one day and haven't put anything on it yet? And if they do let me return it, will it be for full price?

Please help me because I would really like to return this macbook to get the MBP. HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!
    Black MacBook + 2GB RAM + ACPP = same $ as MBP

THANK YOU!!!

2. xxtee78xx macrumors newbie

I'd contact Best Buy.

Apple has a 14 day return policy. You have to pay the restocking fee.

Apple Care extends your warranty to 3 years. You didn't have to get it right way. You have a year from the date of purchase to get Apple Care.

3. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

Thanks but what I mean to ask is what it covers. I understand that it covers me for 3 full years, but like if I spill juice on it or if i accidentally drop it on the floor and it breaks, can I send it in and get it fixed or get a new one? Because me friend said that it wont over stuff like that, only if the system itself was defective like the superdrive stops working. But chances are, since i do a lot of moving, I'm going to drop it. Will they cover that?:confused: