Apple care protection plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cdal1, Jun 29, 2009.

1. cdal1 macrumors member

I purchased the protection plan from apple and I am wondering can I just hold onto the box until my year expires then activate it. Or is there some sort of expiration date when you buy this plan?

I normally don't buy extended warranties, but I was told that if I buy this I will get free overnight delivery when exchanging iphone 3gs for a replacement (I actually did this but they didn't confirm that I activated the plan when they sent me my replacement iphone 3gs).

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Just activate it, there's no reason not to. Yeah you can wait that year or short of but really, why would you?

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

If you can remember, hold it. =)

If for some reason you're going to upgrade again in a year, you can sell the box, or use it on your new phone.

4. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

box? I just extended my applecare this weekend and it said something is being shipped to me? how does this all work anyways?

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

You might want to call Apple and ask for sure. I know they say you have to activate MobileMe purchases within 90 days or something like that. Apple Care might be the same.

6. cdal1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I'll find out if their is a time limit to activate.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you wait and forget to activate Apple Care before the 1 year expires, they may make you jump through more hoops like proving you bought it and forgot.

And if you forget to activate in time, what hope do you have of finding a receipt?