Apple Care Protection?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GeoMacbook, Jan 27, 2009.

1. GeoMacbook macrumors newbie

just bought a new MacBook it has a one year warranty correct? I also purchased apple care protection wich covers it for three years correct? so if i register the apple care am i covered for 4 years or am i just covered for 3 years? should i wait a year before i register my apple care? i am a little confused on this apple care stuff

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Standard Warranty is 1 year. Apple Care extends coverage to 3 years from the date of purchase. You can activate apple care any time within the first 12 months.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can buy AppleCare at any point within that first year. It will give you an additional two years of non-accident coverage, giving you a total of three.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your telephone support on your Apple Limited Warranty expires after 3 months. Activating AppleCare before that time ensures uninterrupted telephone support for 3 years from the date you bought your Mac.

5. econoline06 macrumors 6502

econoline06

....4 years total. 1 year standard + additional 3 years from Apple care.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh, no. AppleCare extends to three; it doesn't give you three more.

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

It should be noted that this may vary depending on your country. The usual assumption is that we're speaking of the US APP, which extends telephone and hardware support to a total of three years.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Wrong. From AppleCare:

Attached Files:

9. GeoMacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

so from what i am getting from this is that i should just register my apple care now cause its not going to make a difference if i wait 10 months i still get the same coverage and the coverage is three years from the date of purchase of the MacBook....Correct?

10. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Correct.

11. nubee macrumors member

Okay, I just got a call from Apple reminding me that my limited warranty for my aluminum MacBook is expiring on the 31st.

If I renew it for $218, is that the same as buying the Applecare warranty now? Or is Applecare completely separate from the limited warranty?

I'm so confused. :confused:

12. GeoMacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you! i was really confused i asked like three people and they all had different things to say. MacRumors solves ALL!

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The AppleCare Protection Plan (pdf) is different from the Apple Limited Warranty (pdf). You can't renew the Limited Warranty, which expires 1 year from date of Mac purchase. The APP extends coverage for 2 more years to a TOTAL of 3 years from date of Mac purchase.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I just want to point that Apple Limited Warranty is only 90-days of phone support; if you need more than that, you should either go to a Genius bar or purchase AppleCare.

15. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

See post #4.

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

:rolleyes:

17. nubee macrumors member

Let's say I let the Limited Warranty expire. If I purchase AppleCare before the one year mark of my MacBook purchase, will I get telephone support again?

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes. As soon as you activate AppleCare. As long as you buy the AppleCare within the first year, they'll let you activate it after. You just won't get any AppleCare coverage until it's activated.