Apple Care Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwiggs23, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jwiggs23 macrumors member

Alright so I'm on Verizon and when the iPhone comes out I will be buying that and selling my droid. Anyways I'm planning on buying squaretrade insurance for $99 for two years protection, even accidental damage.

So since I will have that, do you guys think I should still get a Apple Care plan too? And also, have you found it worth while to have Apple Care regardless? Thanks guys.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All iphones come with 1 full year of Applecare for free.
    If you got squaretrade I wouldnt spend money on getting an additonal year of applecare.
    But up to you.

3. MacFan1701 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I personally would consider getting both. The insurance to cover accidental and the AppleCare to cover things such as dead battery or other things not working as they should that could be considered "workmanship-type" issues.

4. Siphayne macrumors newbie

iPhones comes with 1 year of hardware support. So if your phone blows up in your hand, you're covered for a new phone. Or any other such minor hardware issues. Major ones too, so long as the problem is Apple's fault from manufacture.

Applecare is a service and support plan for two years from the date of purchase, that includes hardware support AND technical support. Now, technical support may not be a sell for you. But it does include it. Tech support only lasts 90 days without Applecare.

This is on Apple's website and has some cool looking bars that show what is covered with and without Applecare.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

Also, I would check out the following link, terms and conditions.

http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/NA_APP_iPhone_English_v5.3.pdf