iPad Apple care question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by big samm, Oct 6, 2014.

1. big samm macrumors 65816

I have a ipad mini retina display i bought on launch day last year, i got apple care+ when i bought the device... I have a dead pixel on my screen, it always stays black really annoying when viewing photos or browsing on Safari... Now if i bring it in will it count towards my 2 accidental damage or will they give me a refurbished ipad mini retina at no charge and still have my 2 accidental damage untouched? Thanks in advance!

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

They should just give you a refurbed unit. Dead pixels are not accidental as far as I am concerned. You can always cal and ask but you should be good.

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Why haven't you taken it back when you got it?
    That is one question you will be asked probably. Although you should not have issues in having it replaced free of charge. If that happens, you will get a refurbished units, and you will have to check for any issues on that unit too.

4. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

Because I didn't saw it when i bought it... I discovered it a couple of weeks ago... Now that I know it's there it's really annoying.

5. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Unless you accidentally caused the dead pixel, it will be covered as a manufacturer defect per usual.

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Don't bother calling. You get sent to a call center that is likely to give you no info or BS. If it is truly just a dead pixel you are fine. Back it up and take it in.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios