Apple Care+ Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushido, Mar 2, 2016.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

Hi,

I bought my iPhone 6 with Apple Care+ in October of 2014. I had it replaced for water demage in august 2015 and now i was randomly checking my status and noticed that my Apple Care+ isnt ending til August 2017. Is that right? 3 years? is it really supposed to extend for another 2 years after a repair or did Apple make a mistake?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Looks like it was a mistake and they added applecare+ to the new phone with a new end date.

3. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

how strange but i aint complaining then

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I noticed you are in Germany. I am unsure what the specific law is there but I know some European countries require 2 year manufacturer warranties on (at least) electronic devices. I also know Apple was brought to court on their Apple Care being misleading and so they changed how the program works in those countries (sorry I don't have much more specifics). Could this have anything to do with it?

5. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I think the fact that are in Germany may have something to do with it. Whenever you use your Apple Care for a repair apple normally extends your plan but your extension is a bit extreme.

6. 617aircav Suspended

I think in the EU the standard warrant is two years.

7. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

yeah but i bought it in late 2014 so it should expire in late 2016 but instead it says august 2017 which matches the month of when i got my replacement. I guess they extended the AppleCare+ by 2 years after getting the replacement. I wonder if thats the norm in Europe or if it is a mistake cuz lets say i would drop it in august of this year. by this logic it should extend to whooping august 2019 (again not talking about standard warranty, it clearly says Apple Care+ August 2017) on the site

yeah but i think thats only for 90 days

8. Simche macrumors member

Simche

In Scandinavia (Sweden at least) you get 1 year Guarantee but in total 3 years of Manufacturer Guarantee. So if something breaks inside and isn't related to the owning person (Hardware issues) then you're covered. I don't know how it's in Germany but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same rules :)