Apple Care question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sdubois92, Jun 23, 2007.

1. sdubois92 macrumors member

I was in new york on vacation and my macbook wouldnt connect thru the ethernet port, so i brought it to the apple store and they said the logic board needed to be replaced (just like i thought. so tomorrow im gonna bring it to the apple store in providence.

another problem with the macbook is actually my fault, but the mouse button doesn't really work too well anymore. i guess either me or my dad who also uses the macbook hit it too hard, so now it only works if you use it on the top left side of the button. do you think they will repair that for free under the apple care warranty?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Unless you really pounded on it, I'd just tell them it stopped working. See what they say. You shouldn't have to fear pressing on it.

3. sdubois92 thread starter macrumors member

if they said no would they repair it if i paid?

4. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Is it really worth replacing the logic bored for the ethernet port? (Unless it is under warranty, then I would definitely get it replaced.)

It would be much cheaper to buy a usb ethernet adapter, if it isn't.

5. sdubois92 thread starter macrumors member

the logicboard repair is under warranty according to the "genius" at the NY apple store.

6. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I'm with jsw on this one. Just tell them the mouse has "been acting weird" and explain the problem but don't go into too much detail. Like he said, unless you've really been beating the crap out of it, it shouldn't just quit working like that.

The thing is, fixing the mouse while they're replacing the logic board is a simple fix. I doubt they'll question you, as they'll likely just chalk it up to the fault logic board.