Apple Care Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stetwin, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

I’m getting my brother to purchase a Mac on my behalf next week, the reason I’m doing so is to take advantage of his student discount, my only problem is if he purchases the Mac for me will the Apple Care be registered to him? I know its not a huge deal but he lives 2 hours away and it would be like pulling teeth to get him to phone apple up if anything had to be sent back,

If it would be registered to him what are my other options?

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

Even if he purchases Apple Care at the same time as the computer, it still has to be registered to work. Since the computer is, in essence, a gift from him to you, just register the Apple Care (and the computer) in your name.

3. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

You shouldn't run into any problems with AppleCare. As Moof1904 said, it's essentially a gift from your brother to you, so you can register everything under your name.
    -Chasen

4. Stetwin thread starter macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Awesome :D

Is apple care worth the extra £115… the only thing that’s pushing me towards buying it is because with my last two PC’s had hardware problems when they got just past a year old, I guess my question is how reliable are iMacs and it worth paying that extra £115 for “piece of mind” so to speak?

5. MacHipster macrumors 6502

I've only owned Apple notebooks, and I've had AppleCare on every one. I've also had to use AppleCare with every one, so I'd say it's definitely worth it.:)

6. Stetwin thread starter macrumors 6502

Stetwin

How much is apple care when purchased through the Higher Education Discount at an Institute?

7. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

When bought with a mac in the UK it's only £50 if you buy online you get a 3 year warranty uncluded

8. Stetwin thread starter macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Do you know if they offer it at the price for phone orders?

9. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

I would think so but you would have to check. The free 3 year warranty is only online.

10. Stetwin thread starter macrumors 6502

Stetwin

I will just wait until i place my order at the end of the month and enquire about it when i do so, I guess if I’m going to want it then I’m willing to pay what ever its going to cost

11. j_appel macrumors member

The AppleCare warranty is definitely worth it! I would get it if I were you. What's the price of the AppleCare warranty compared to how much it would cost to get it fixed without it? Probably more than what the warranty will cost.