apple care question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soccercbr13, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Soccercbr13 macrumors newbie

So my 3g's one year warranty is almost up and i am trying to decide if applecare is worth buying for another year or not. ive never used the orginal warranty for anything however on my macbook i have used my apple care several times and it has save me quite a bit of money. So my question is, is apple care worth it, and what does it cover that the limited warranty doesnt? and if anybody knows what a repair would cost without any warranty? thanks for your help and if this has been answered somewhere else i havent seen it so dont bash me!

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Yes. I would get it. You never know when you'll need it... and it's not that expensive for a year...

3. Soccercbr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

any idea what it does cover? im hoping pretty much everything but a cracked screen

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

AppleCare will cover anything on your iPhone that breaks when it shouldn’t have. That's kinda the best way I can put it.

The silent ringer switch broke on my iPhone recently. Apple swapped it out and gave me a brand new iPhone. To get that repaired, kinda difficult to say, probably expensive. Compared to $60 for AppleCare, that'd be worth it.

5. Soccercbr13 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea that happened to my friend, i think that silent switch is a cheap design