Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mufasa804

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
So I bought an iMac with the Apple Care, I also got a wireless Mighty Mouse along with it when I bought it. Does Apple Care cover the mouse as well? Because the cursor on this POS keeps jumping around and it's impossible to get any work done.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Yes, the mouse is covered.

(i) Under APP, Apple covers the Covered Equipment and one Apple branded display if purchased at the same time and registered with a covered Mac mini, Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, computer. An Apple-branded mouse and keyboard are also covered under APP if included with the Covered Equipment (or purchased with a Mac mini). An AirPort Extreme Card, an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station, Time Capsule, an Apple-branded DVI to ADC display adapter, Apple RAM modules and MacBook Air SuperDrive are also covered under APP if owned by you and used with the Covered Equipment. If during the Repair Coverage Period there is a defect in the materials or workmanship of the Covered Equipment or the other covered items described above, Apple will at its option, repair or replace the affected item.
http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/AppleCare_Protect_Plan_NA_en.pdf

Mufasa804

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Thank you guys! Very helpful. Also, how do I go about getting my Mighty Mouse fixed or replaced? Should I just call them up?

Bobacus

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
Are you sure it's a problem with the mouse, and not the surface your using the mouse on? I've had laser mice jump around because of the surface I was trying to use it on. You might try using a surface that is one solid color, and not reflective.

Mufasa804

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Yes I'm sure it's not my surface. As a matter of fact, I thought the surface was the culprit so I cleaned up my entire desk space. It's s jumping and being stupid. Currently I'm using a Microsoft 5000 and I hate it.

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
I would recommend making an appointment.

I visited on Sunday to have them replace my MBP power brick (that the cord is starting to separate from the adapter). I thought it would be a quick exchange - turns out they had to make an appointment for me.

The whole ordeal was a little silly. I ended up purchasing a replacement brick and I will take that back tomorrow. Wasn't worth the fire hazard. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.