Apple Care Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mufasa804, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Mufasa804 macrumors regular

So I bought an iMac with the Apple Care, I also got a wireless Mighty Mouse along with it when I bought it. Does Apple Care cover the mouse as well? Because the cursor on this POS keeps jumping around and it's impossible to get any work done.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yes, the mouse is covered.

http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/AppleCare_Protect_Plan_NA_en.pdf

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes. 1 year and I think 3 years if you Mac's have AppleCare (not sure thought)

4. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you guys! Very helpful. Also, how do I go about getting my Mighty Mouse fixed or replaced? Should I just call them up?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yup. Just call or visit the nearest Apple Store (or reseller)

6. Bobacus macrumors newbie

Are you sure it's a problem with the mouse, and not the surface your using the mouse on? I've had laser mice jump around because of the surface I was trying to use it on. You might try using a surface that is one solid color, and not reflective.

7. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I'm sure it's not my surface. As a matter of fact, I thought the surface was the culprit so I cleaned up my entire desk space. It's s jumping and being stupid. Currently I'm using a Microsoft 5000 and I hate it.

8. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I would recommend making an appointment.

I visited on Sunday to have them replace my MBP power brick (that the cord is starting to separate from the adapter). I thought it would be a quick exchange - turns out they had to make an appointment for me.

The whole ordeal was a little silly. I ended up purchasing a replacement brick and I will take that back tomorrow. Wasn't worth the fire hazard. :rolleyes: