Apple Care question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swish2351, Mar 29, 2010.

1. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I am going to buy my first mac when they release the arrandale MBPs. I will get the 13", I was wondering about applecare, lets say I cracked my screen on the corner and I can see everything else fine, but not the corner, how would they fix it? Send me a new one, or change the screen? I guess, what I am trying to ask is, if I break it, but it is still usable; will they replace it or fix the broken part? Thanks in advanced!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Applecare does not cover accidental damage, only manufacturer defects
    If you break it, you pay to have it fixed
    It is and extended warranty, not insurance... your homeowners may provide some relief after a deductible
    Or you can purchase specific insurance

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

They won't replace a broken screen for free, unless the damage is a result of a manufacturing error, which is highly unlikely.

They will charge you to replace the whole screen, but if the housing is not damaged, then that won't be replaced, only the broken part.

Better get some kind of home / accident insurance for those damages, as Apple Care only covers manufacturing defects.

4. swish2351 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was under the impression that Apple Care was an 'accidental damage' insurance. Ooops. I guess i'll go to best buy and get their black tie 'accidental damage' or whatever

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

When unsure use a search engine and find this for example: http://www.apple.com/support/products/

6. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

Make sure to read the fine print on these types of policies...

7. jcb19 macrumors member

Accidental Damage

You might want to check out squaretrade @ squaretrade.com

8. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

For the accidental damage they will give you a computer or store credit for a new computer, but it's based off of specs. They compare your laptop to your replacement according to specs. And it's the manager's opinion on what is fair.

Probably not the best call.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Manufa...4;jsessionid=83B2A3BB740B122AA1E87026FC681A69