Apple Care Questions on MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Appleind, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

I have a friend of mine living in Paris who wants to pick up an MBA in the US as he is visiting here. He had two questions for which I need your expert opinion

1. Will the first year of Apple service apply in case he faces issues with the MBA after he goes back. i.e in case he has to return the MBA will the paris store accept it?
    2. Will he be eligible to upgrade to an Apple Care for 3 years if he buys one in Paris?

Many thanks for your help

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

AppleCare is universal so he should be covered back in Paris. Same applies to extended one, it should work

3. Appleind thread starter macrumors regular

Appleind

Great. He specifically asked about returns after reading through some of the threads here :). I hope that should be okay

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Well, returning may be a bit harder as AppleCare has nothing to do with returns but in case the MBA has flaws, Apple will definitely fix them or give him a replacement. Usually returns and refunds must be handled through the store where it was bought from but there isn't a reason to return a wonderful computer like MBA ;)

5. Appleind thread starter macrumors regular

Appleind

I hope he will not be questioned why he bought it in the US being a resident of Paris. I have had some friends tell me that they have had problems especially during returns

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

7. Appleind thread starter macrumors regular

Appleind

:D Nice Trick