Apple Care Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThirtyThr33, Jun 14, 2011.

1. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

I'm getting a MBP this year and I was wondering how the Apple Care works. From what I think I understand all new notebooks come with a year warranty? What will that one year warranty cover? And when's the absolute latest I can extend it?

One last (sort of obscure) question is that I actually have a copy of a MBP :apple: care still shrink wrapped with the college book store sticker on it. A guy dropped out of college second semester and I moved into his dorm and he had left a bunch of stuff behind including the shrink wrapped apple care disk package. Can I use that on my MBP since it's unopened and I presume unregistered? Or at least sell it back?

Wow that's a lot of questions, sorry but I appreciate your feedback! :D

2. simsaladimbamba

3. ThirtyThr33 thread starter macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

I'm def not a thief, I've texted him about all the stuff he left behind (I boxed it up for him) and I told hi to come get it as he only lived a few blocks away at a friends house but he never came anf got it and has since then smashed his phone. That's stoners for ya

I think I might see if it's registered yet

4. zflauaus macrumors 65816

From my experience, if you buy the computer and AppleCare box together in store, it's automatically applied to the computer. They never needed to open the box before.

5. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

You have 1 year from the date of your purchase to add AppleCare coverage to your MBP. The complimentary 1 year warranty included with the machine provides the same coverage as the AppleCare plan. AppleCare simply extends that warranty an additional 2 years and gives you tech support via telephone. I have not yet purchased AppleCare for my 2011 MBP, but I will likely do it at some point this year.